Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sttspyrid
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot Table: Expand measure like excel

Hi all,

Using Pivot table, I want for a specific measure to expand/collapse the measure, in order to see

the subsequent amounts, that produce the total amount of "Direct Expenses", like excel . Any idea?

sttspyrid_0-1621837554789.png

sttspyrid_1-1621837795894.png

Best regards,

Thomas

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Sammy_AK
Creator II
Creator II

You need to add 2 dimensions to Pivot Table. 1st dimension will be your parent and 2nd dimension will be your child. and in the presentation settings you can set it to fully expanded.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Pivot...

sttspyrid
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sammy,

Thank you for your answer.

The point is that I use values (measures) as rows and one dimension as a  column. How can  I expand only one measure further? It is possible?

Best regards,

Thomas

Sammy_AK
Creator II
Creator II

Yes, for e.g. lets say direct and indirect costs are at parent level and they reside in one column (i.e level2). Then we have children for direct as expenses, salary and children for indirect cost are subscription and fee listed in another column (i.e. level3) . We have a measure column(i.e. Amt) which are the values associated to it. 

In qliksense pivot, we can add more than 1 dimension and measure, so here we add level2 column as first dimension and level3 column as 2nd dimension and add a measure sum(Amt).

The output of pivot, will display 2 values direct and indirect cost grouped and collapsed, if you click on this dimension, it will further expand and give you the breakup of direct and indirect cost.

Similary you can add dynamic columns to qlik sense pivot, very similar to a pivot in excel.

sttspyrid
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Summy,

Thank you very much for your explanation. I will check it as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Thomas

sttspyrid
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Summy,

It's worked! 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Thomas