Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TobiasTebben
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot Table: Sort first dimension by value/expression and second dimension by the “natural order of months”

Dear community, 

I am having trouble sorting my pivot table in a way that should be far from unusual:

My first dimension is “Customer Name”, my second dimension is “Month” and my values/expression are sales values. I want my table to sort the customers descending by their respective sales values (Qlik Sense does that already), but if I expand the customer dimension to see the sales per customer per month, I would like that sorted from January to December. This does not work. Instead, Qlik Sense sorts the months also by sales figures (per customer per month) in a descending order.

Example:

Customer Sum(Sales)
Customer B 1,000
   Feb    700
   Mar    200
  Jan    100
Customer D    800
  Jan     400
   Mar     300
  Feb     100

But I want it to be:

Customer Sum(Sales)
Customer B 1,000
   Jan    100
   Feb    700
  Mar    200
Customer D    800
  Jan     400
   Feb     100
  Mar     300

I hope this is possible somehow?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Many thanks
Tobias

Labels (3)
0 Solutions
2 Replies
TobiasTebben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the advice. I have tried almost that setting before, but for it to work I had to uncheck „Sort by expression“ because that option obviously overruled the configuration for the sorting of the second dimension. 

Mohan23912391
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please explain it a bit more @Tobias. I have also come across the same requirement and couldn't able to achieve. Please add screenshots if possible.

Thanks