Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Pivot table labeling and number format isn't working

Hi,

I'm using the pivot table, in which I need to add an expression. In which, the num format of expression(One is percentage and other is decimal) and the label are written with conditional if. The if condition isn't working by default, the condition is applied only when the mentioned column is selected in the chart.

Please have a look at the expression in the attached qvf and kindly help.

Regrads,

Mohan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

what are you trying is impossible because of logical reasons. If can return only one value at time (true OR false). In scenario you want to use it is testing following condition.

Is Bus,Car,Train equal to Car? -> result NO -> else is returned.

Capture.PNG

And in addition to that you want single field to have two lables at same time, because field is used only once in pivot table (it is only question of visualization that you see it more times).

This will work only in case you will use such expression as field values

Capture2.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
praveenkumar_ma
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Mohan,

i worked around , just check the app is it what ur required or it will help you furthur.

Thanks

PM

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your time and checking this. I saw the attached qvf, the format which is shown cannot be used in the client required document. Since it'll mislead the users about the currency and brackets are used in finance to indicate the negative values.

Mohan

DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

what are you trying is impossible because of logical reasons. If can return only one value at time (true OR false). In scenario you want to use it is testing following condition.

Is Bus,Car,Train equal to Car? -> result NO -> else is returned.

Capture.PNG

And in addition to that you want single field to have two lables at same time, because field is used only once in pivot table (it is only question of visualization that you see it more times).

This will work only in case you will use such expression as field values

Capture2.PNG

praveenkumar_ma
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

can this help mohan... if not i didnt properly understood your need ...what you want to see

Regards

PM

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your time and providing the workaround. These are really useful.

Regards,

Mohan