Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table sorting

Hi,

I wish to have 3 option button's in my dashboard which should work such as when i click 1st option it should sort my pivot table & show me only the top 50 sales data, when i select 2nd option it should sort my pivot table & show me only the 51 to 100 data at last  my 3rd option selection should show me the last 50 data. Is it possible in Qliksense? If so please help me with the next steps.

Thanks In advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi can you try something like

create one variable i.e showhide 

and 3 buttons

1) top50         and in actions external->setvariable variable:showhide  value:1

2)50 to 100                           same as above                            value:2

3)bottom 50                             same as above                            value:3

dimension:Name

1)top 50 sales

expression:=Sum({<Name={"=rank(Sales)<50"}>}Sales)

in layout->conditional: If(showhide=1,1,0)

2) 50 to 100

=Sum({<Name={"=(rank(Sales)>50 and rank(Sales)<=100)"}>}Sales)

in layout->conditional: If(showhide=2,1,0)

3)bottom 50

=Sum({<Name={"=rank(Sales)>50"}>}Sales)

in layout->conditional: If(showhide=3,1,0)

hope this will help

View solution in original post

8 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I think that you are going to need to look at Qlik Branch and see if there are any extensions that you could use.  Either one that creates buttons or an upgraded Pivot Table.

Short of that you could have 3 versions of the pivot table with different sorts and limitations.  No buttons in this case.  They would see all 3 of them.

terezagr
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Perhaps, something like this? Click on the link which will take you to the extension for Qlik Sense you might want to use.

Qlik Branch

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Mark Ritter & Tereza Gewgorova for your help. If possible can you help me with the exact branch?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi can you try something like

create one variable i.e showhide 

and 3 buttons

1) top50         and in actions external->setvariable variable:showhide  value:1

2)50 to 100                           same as above                            value:2

3)bottom 50                             same as above                            value:3

dimension:Name

1)top 50 sales

expression:=Sum({<Name={"=rank(Sales)<50"}>}Sales)

in layout->conditional: If(showhide=1,1,0)

2) 50 to 100

=Sum({<Name={"=(rank(Sales)>50 and rank(Sales)<=100)"}>}Sales)

in layout->conditional: If(showhide=2,1,0)

3)bottom 50

=Sum({<Name={"=rank(Sales)>50"}>}Sales)

in layout->conditional: If(showhide=3,1,0)

hope this will help

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Here is an example of a button driving the behaviour of a chart by altering a variable.  This using the QSVariable extension from Qlik Branch to make it work.

I'm sure you could apply the principle into your pivot table so you wont need multiple charts.

Hope this helps

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Thank you mahes yadav.. I did the same as you said with little alterations in the data, now i got the required functionality..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andy for your help but am not able to see the button visualisation in the file which you have shared with me neither it's not working in Qliksense Desktop nor in Qliksense server. !not able to see the buttons.JPG

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

you would need to install the QsVariable extension on your desktop for the visualisation to display.  then you would have a working example of what you need.