Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Please explain what responsive behavior is

Thanks Mike for your reply.

No rush on the linkage, I suspect putting it in is one of those things that sounds simple but in reality would take

a  long time ! Same probably applies to branching (both within a story and within a sheet), that may also be getting a bit too complex, however consider the following requirement:

1.     Jill (works for an IT provider) is "presenting" to a CCG and a couple of Trusts in their patch

2.     She selects a CCG, she selects a Trust, she selects a hospital

3.     Up pops a photo of the hospital with the faces of people milling around

4.     Most people in the room now feel a connection and are a bit more engaged

Without conditional processing, do you know a way to implement this?

One other question, could you please explain what responsive behavior is ?

Clive

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Clive - I branched your discussion and will respond shortly.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Clive - Responsive behavior is about the entire interface changing and reconfiguring itself to support smaller screen for factors and devices. I have prepared a number of screen shots for you to see the difference.

Note that it is much more than just resizing and window and an object.

Stand by for screen shots.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Clive,

These are live shots of my devices (using AirServer - for the iPad and iPhone) - the entire interface will reconfigure and resize per device and size to accommodate different form factors. The concept is know as "Responsive Design" and it is an approach design to provide the most optimal viewing experiencing no matter what size or device is being used. Navigation, gestures, menus, objects are all reconfigured to allow interaction.

HTH

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

9-8-2014 7-56-51 AM.png

9-8-2014 7-57-49 AM.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Good answer Michael.  Another resource that you may find useful is this 'A List Apart' article from 2010:

http://alistapart.com/article/responsive-web-design

Its author, Ethan Marcotte, was the first person to coin the phrase 'Responsive web design'.