Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gkluca82
Partner - Contributor III

Plotting aggr() in a chart with set expression

Hi all.

After some work i've been able to formulate an expression with some dynamic variables, and that work very well in a chart using ITEMID as dimension.

I want also to plot this measure over the time (for example over WEEK), but the number that i get are not correct.

This is the expression (i've semplified it):

Cattura.JPG

i've tried to wrap tha entire measure with an aggr() using WEEK, but it's doesn't work.

Any ideas?

8 Replies
tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

Add the week dimension to your table along with =$(TotalItems) as an expression. You can make sure it is what you expect in each point this way.

gkluca82
Author

i've managed to simplified the source file in order to post it.

basically i'm comparating the perfomance of some ItemID between the actual date and some days before (180).

I can display the difference of actual and old very well in the first chart, with dimension ItemId or Item_Group.

I can display it also in a Text box.

But when i'm gonna to display the same expression over the Week, it doesn't work. (bottom chart) !

How can i achieve that?

Ps: if i select a week the value is correct, but i want to show how the gap in going over the weeks...

download @ http://www.filedropper.com/aggrtest

gkluca82
Author

Any hint?

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Luca,

Maybe your source file you attach here on this post?

Regards,

Andrey

gkluca82
Author

i've uploaded the source file here:

http://www.filedropper.com/aggrtest

gkluca82
Author

any help????

sunny_talwar

With the level of complexity in your expression, I would suggest you to use The As-Of Table‌ to simplify your expression. This will also help you make it more efficient performance wise.

gkluca82
Author

Hi Sunny.

I've tried to implement The AsOfTable but i'm getting the same result.

My expression work perfectly when is in a Text box or in a bar chart with ItemID.

When i put it in a chart over Week it doesn't work anymore. Moreover, if i select the Week with a filter pane the value in the chart is displayed correctly.

What is the reason of this behaviour?