Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

gkluca82
New Contributor III

Plotting aggr() in a chart with set expression

Hi all.

After some work i've been able to formulate an expression with some dynamic variables, and that work very well in a chart using ITEMID as dimension.

I want also to plot this measure over the time (for example over WEEK), but the number that i get are not correct.

This is the expression (i've semplified it):

Cattura.JPG

i've tried to wrap tha entire measure with an aggr() using WEEK, but it's doesn't work.

Any ideas?

8 Replies
tcullinane
Contributor II

Re: Plotting aggr() in a chart

Add the week dimension to your table along with =$(TotalItems) as an expression. You can make sure it is what you expect in each point this way.

gkluca82
New Contributor III

i've managed to simplified the source file in order to post it.

basically i'm comparating the perfomance of some ItemID between the actual date and some days before (180).

I can display the difference of actual and old very well in the first chart, with dimension ItemId or Item_Group.

I can display it also in a Text box.

But when i'm gonna to display the same expression over the Week, it doesn't work. (bottom chart) !

How can i achieve that?

Ps: if i select a week the value is correct, but i want to show how the gap in going over the weeks...

download @ http://www.filedropper.com/aggrtest

gkluca82
New Contributor III

Any hint?

ahaahaaha
Honored Contributor

Hi Luca,

Maybe your source file you attach here on this post?

Regards,

Andrey

gkluca82
New Contributor III

i've uploaded the source file here:

http://www.filedropper.com/aggrtest

gkluca82
New Contributor III

Re: Plotting aggr() in a chart with set expression

any help????

MVP
MVP

With the level of complexity in your expression, I would suggest you to use The As-Of Table‌ to simplify your expression. This will also help you make it more efficient performance wise.

gkluca82
New Contributor III

Hi Sunny.

I've tried to implement The AsOfTable but i'm getting the same result.

My expression work perfectly when is in a Text box or in a bar chart with ItemID.

When i put it in a chart over Week it doesn't work anymore. Moreover, if i select the Week with a filter pane the value in the chart is displayed correctly.

What is the reason of this behaviour?