Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Polygon Heat Map for Brazil - Hypercube results too large

Hi guys,

Hope I could get some help. I am trying to build a polygon heat map for Brazil.

I downloaded the Brazil map by state from the link below before importing it to Qliksense:

Global Administrative Areas | Boundaries without limits

However, when I was editing my sheet and building the map, I received the error: Hypercube results are too large

Is there a solution to this, or do you know of a source that I could download another kml file for Brazil by states.

Thank you!!

6 Replies
mjm
Employee
Employee

Hello Chen,

This is most likely due to the fact that Qlik Sense has a limit on data points or polygons. The limit in the latest version of Qlik Sense has been lifted to 3333, so if your Hybercube has more data points than this then it will thrown this error or only plot the first amount of points until the limit is reached.

I hope this helps.

Please mark my answer as helpful and answered if so.

Not applicable
Author

Hi James,

Thank you for your answer.

Is there a way to circumvent this problem or do you know of a source where I can download a kml file for Brazil with less data points? Thanks.

-Chen

mjm
Employee
Employee

I would check Google, otherwise you could also search Google for a KML reduction tool.

There are several posts:

google maps - How to simplify (reduce number of points) in KML? - Stack Overflow

ksoft - KMLReduce - Optimize KML file size, Reduce Polygons, Coordinates, Download

I personally have used the second one before and would recommend looking at that.

Please mark this response as helpful and mark the question as answered if this helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You could also try IdevioMaps (http://bi.idevio.com‌). It includes first level areas of Brazil and center points of the second level.

brazil.png

Also see the video Add IdevioMaps to Qlik Sense - YouTube for a quick demo. Send an email to info@idevio.com if you would like to try it.

Regards

Johan

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Great ideas.  Also, if you don't manage to externally edit the KML, there is a series of geo aggregation functions that are valid in the script to amalgamate different polygons into the larger polygon.  So you can use this to amalgamate US based zip codes into a county. Or amalgamate counties into a State. That kind of thing.

http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/GeospatialFunctions...

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee