Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator

Populate straight table only when a selection is made in filter

I have 5 dimension and a calculated month,year and quarter field like this.

vDate=Date(Date#("Invoice_Date",'YYYYMMDD'),'MM/DD/YYYY')

Year($(vDate)) as Invoice_Year,
Month($(vDate)), 'MMM'),'MMM')) as Invoice_Month,
DUAL('Q' & Ceil(Month($(vDate)))/3) & '-' & Year($(vDate))) , QUARTERNAME($(vDate)))) as Invoice_Quarter,

Invoice_Quarter, Invoice_Month,Invoice_Year are filters.

In my table i have set calculation condition to 

getselectedcount(dim1)>0 or getselectedcount(Dim2)>0 or getselectedcount(Invoice_Month)>0 or getselectedcount(Invoice_Quarter)>0  or getselectedcount(Invoice_Year)>0 .

Problem is, in straight table i'm getting values whenever one or more selections is made in Dim1 or dim2 or month.

But when i select any one filter in quarter and year, the table remains blank.

Can any one help me to tackle this problem.

Is there any alternative for this.

In the data the year is only 2017 and quarter is Q1-2017,Q2-2017,Q3-2017 and Q4-2017.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where we can see the issue you are facing?

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

I could have, but i'm working on server side. Moreover data is around 15M records. Even if i downloaded to local, it is taking time to get the connection.  

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

@sunny_talwar  please find the attached sample. Please look into the calculation condition in table, for invoice# i'm getting the values, for month , quarter and year table is not populating

deepak_km9886
Creator
Creator
Author

Where u able to look into it? Please can anyone provide me the solution. I'm stuck in this.