Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_KKA
Contributor II
Contributor II

Possible to create a filter pane for measures?

Hi there,

I have a bar chart in which the horizontal axis is the calendar date, and under each date is a group of measures, such as Gross Sales (Bar A), Discounts (Bar B), Net Sales (Bar C). Hence for each date, there will be 3 bars for every date in bar chart.

Is there any way I can create a filter pane to filter out certain measures when viewing the bar chart, eg to display only Bar A (the Gross Sales) for all the dates, without displaying the other 2 bars? 

So far the filter panes I have created work on dimensions and fields, but there seems to be no options to filter/hide measures as a bar in the charts. I am currently using Qlik Sense Enterprise.

Will appreciate any help in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @Jason_KKA, the fastest way I can think about to do that would be to create as many bar charts as you need to visualize inside a container, in order for you to switch between them as needed. Have a look at the attached example 😊

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @Jason_KKA, the fastest way I can think about to do that would be to create as many bar charts as you need to visualize inside a container, in order for you to switch between them as needed. Have a look at the attached example 😊

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
saso70
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Please check the app adhoc dimension and measure selector

Jason_KKA
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Andrea, I have not explored using containers before, and this is an amazing roundabout to achieve a similar outcome (though it is not exactly a filter pane). Thanks a million 😀!

Jason_KKA
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Saso,

Thanks for your help and sample (fantastic app!). 

However, I couldn't apply your method on my app as my measures are mostly calculated fields, created as master items (some of which are moving averages involving set expressions). As I cannot load them as fields at  data load editor level, I am not able to add them into the filter panes like you did in the sample. 

Nevertheless, thanks a lot!