Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seberino
Contributor
Contributor

Possible to import *NESTED & REPEATED COLUMNS* from BigQuery into Qlik Sense?

BigQuery supported tables with nested and repeated columns.  I tried to import data

from BigQuery into Qlik Sense that with nested and repeated columns and it looked messed up.

Anyone successfully done this?  Or perhaps it is known to be not supported?

Thanks,

Chris

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What do you mean by repeated columns?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
seberino
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I don't know if the last message went through so I'm repeating it again..... Imagine a CustomerOrder SQL table with multiple instances of a "product" column, one for each product in the ecommerce order.  Furthermore, each of the product column values might have nested values like product_quantity, product_price, product_shipping, etc.  I tried to pull BigQuery data into Qlik Sense using these BigQuery features and it looks like it got messed up.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please paste query with one filed how it is loading, I have same schema before in Big query and I simply used * to pull the all fields. But want to see how your Rest is capturing and which JSON code is generating when it comes to Qlik?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
seberino
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I created a video which shows the BigQuery sample data and the JSON output
I get
when I create the QlikSense BigQuery connection and import the data.
Hopefully
this provides all you need if you don't mind taking a look at this desktop
recording....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U2Zfm6-8gwwsCDGYzHuVf5rEhBbuEzM1/view?usp=sharing

Sincerely,

Chris
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't have an idea on this, I understand your requirement but it is different that what i handled. I am afraid whether you can achieve this. But, let's see if @Vu_Nguyen can help

seberino
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Anil

You were able to watch the video I made to see what I mean?

cs

DaveC1
Contributor
Contributor

Did manage to sort this out with out flattening the nested array? Thanks