Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Possible to repeat chart in a group repeater control?

Is it possible to specify a GROUP BY repeater and have charts inside of it?

For example, imagine a scenario where I want to see sales by State.  I have a grid and a linechart.

Now I want to see each of those expanded so that a grid and line chart repeat on the page for each state in the selected country (or department in a org or...whatever, product in category, etc, etc)

Is there anyway to setup a sort of repeater control so that there is a child repetition for each parent grouping?

Imagine we have a chart showing sales numbers over 12 months and then a grid showing the same data... but we want to be able to expand out and see one "row" or repetition for each child level (states per country, products per category, etc)

Could this be accomplished by a sort of drill through or link to another report where the user selects the state from a list and then that passes in parameters to the subreport that acts as the "repeated portion"?

Thanks!

BUMP anyone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rittermd
Master
Master

I don't know if this will give you what you want.

But what if you used alternative dimensions and measures in your chart?

If that doesn't do it have you looked to see if there are any extensions available?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I don't know if this will give you what you want.

But what if you used alternative dimensions and measures in your chart?

If that doesn't do it have you looked to see if there are any extensions available?

Not applicable
Author

OK that makes sense.

So if I understand the alternative dimensions and measures, it allows users to drill down and through to the alternative dimensions?

Can they right click and drill around or do you have to go to the Visual Exploration menu?  I wasn't fully clear on that.

Thanks!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What you describe is known a the Trellis feature in QlikView. It's not native to Qlik Sense, but this extension on Branch appears to provide the functionality.

Qlik Branch

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com