Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajarshi_guin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Prepare data in Qlik Sense November 2017 release

Hi All,

I am trying to create a map using data from an excel file which contains the state names as a column. I am not able to create the map without using a separate file containing the geographical information of the states. In order to prepare a map without using a separate geographical information file I guess we need to prepare the data while loading using Data Manager. In one previous version I had seen how to prepare data. But I am not getting the prepare data in this November 2017 version.

So, can anyone please let me know how I can prepare the data so that I can create the map without using a separate geographical information file.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajarshi Guin

3 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Prepare data is already checked:

Capture.PNG

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Try to be sure that your geographical informations are normalized (wrote in a right way)

david_pearson
Contributor III
Contributor III

@rajarshi_guin , 

did you get this sorted? im having the same problem at the moment. im loading in City and i get a small globe symbol telling me that geographical info was detected in the table. this applies it to the City field but i was expecting, as i have see in other examples, other fields to be generated to include geo point data (longitude and latitude co-ordinates).

any advise would be greatly appreciated.