Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darroyo_telcomu
Partner - Contributor III

Prevent embed iframe url external access

Hi everyone.

I am playing with embed iframes and it works fine. It's very very simple, but... Anyone can view the page source, copy the iframe url and use it wherever they want, so I loose control of my charts.

I would like the iframe content only displays in my web page. Is there any way to do this? Or maybe I should change to another embed option?

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I think configure the malware/firewall concept to block the your domain for external users.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
darroyo_telcomu
Author

The access to the page with the iframe is restricted by user and password. But a logged user could see page source code and copy the iframe url :S

Anil_Babu_Samineni

since this Iframe is html code, I would suggest to block the Short keys which can be disable like (Ctrl+U - this is for script visible)

<script>
$
('body').keypress(function(event){ if (event.keyCode == 85) { alert("New"); } else { event.preventDefault(); } });
</script>

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
darroyo_telcomu
Author

Thanks for your ideas, but even if I block some keys, I figure users can view page source with the browser options.

I thought it would be a Qlik embed method using some kind of access validation, but not for individual users that are visiting the page (I can't bring licenses to all of them). Maybe some validation with one of my Qlik Sense Server accounts in the page with the Qlik content.