Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

inescastelhano
Contributor

Previous month data on this month row

Hi all,

I have a table where I want to show the following expression:

sum({<ID_Date={"=$(vmaxDateDynamic)"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

-

sum( {<ID_Date={"=$(vVarCarrProcDynamic)"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

The dates being shown in the table are correct, and the first expression is correct. However, the second expression keeps returning the value for the Day and Month in that row of  the table, and not for the date I am selecting through the variable.

I already tried to ignore Year, Month and Day and it didn't work. Total will also show me the value for the entire month which is not the desired, so it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

1.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Previous month data on this month row

I would suggest using The As-Of Table for this

19 Replies

May be try this

Sum(TOTAL {<ID_Date={"=$(=vVarCarrProcDynamic)"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

or this

Sum(TOTAL {<ID_Date={"=$(=$(vVarCarrProcDynamic))"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

inescastelhano
Contributor

Hi Sunny, Thanks for your reply. However Total will return 5504, which is the value for the entire month of October, and I just want the value for 30/09/2017.

When you do this

Sum({<ID_Date={"=$(=vVarCarrProcDynamic)"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

What do you see? Can you share a snapshot?

inescastelhano
Contributor

2.png

Doesn't change much.

How about this

Sum({<ID_Date={"=$(=$(vVarCarrProcDynamic))"}, [Data Date Type]={"D"}>}[#Jumbo In Process])

inescastelhano
Contributor

Same Doesn't change anything.

What is ID_Date's format? is it M/D/YYYY also?

inescastelhano
Contributor

Both (variable and ID_Date) are in Num format.

It is difficult to know what the problem might be without having a look... would you be able to share a sample?

Community Browser