cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem calculating measure in table

Hi,

I am very new to Qlik and am doing some basic calculations and visualisations and trying to learn its limitations. I hope the below makes sense!

I am trying to understand why I am only getting a volume impact figure in the row with a Buyer Cost of 1. In the table I have built.

Buyer cost is set as my dimension and all the others set as measures

Buyer Cost% Of Total Quotes Requested% Of Total Orders TakenVolume Impact
0.83.20%4.40%-
0.853.70%4.00%-
0.94%3.60%-
0.9510%11%-
158%60%0.00%
1.0512.50%11%-
1.13.10%3%-
1.152.50%2%-
1.23%1%-

he set analysis I am using is as follows

1-(((sum([OT]) / sum(Total[OT])) / (sum([OQ]) / sum(Total[OQ]))) /

(((((sum({<[Buyer Cost]={1}>} [OT]))) / ((sum(Total[OT]))))) / (((sum({<[Supplier Cost]={1}>} [OQ]))) / ((sum(Total[OQ]))))))

My thinking is that it is not returning a value for the other rows as the Buyer Cost of 1 is not in this data. I was hoping the formula would calculate the bottom half of it independently but it appears this is not the case.

I can calculate this easily in excel but my thinking was that in Qlik Sense would be easier to switch the data between different buyers using filters. We have a lot of buyers and In Excel we have to keep reloading data for each one

Hope this makes sense and any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be you need this

(((((sum(TOTAL {<[Buyer Cost]={1}>} [OT]))) / ((sum(Total[OT]))))) / (((sum(TOTAL {<[Supplier Cost]={1}>} [OQ]))) / ((sum(Total[OQ]))))))

Or this

(((((sum(TOTAL {<[Buyer Cost]={1}>} [OT]))) / ((sum(Total[OT]))))) / (((sum({<[Supplier Cost]={1}>} [OQ]))) / ((sum(Total[OQ]))))))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be you need this

(((((sum(TOTAL {<[Buyer Cost]={1}>} [OT]))) / ((sum(Total[OT]))))) / (((sum(TOTAL {<[Supplier Cost]={1}>} [OQ]))) / ((sum(Total[OQ]))))))

Or this

(((((sum(TOTAL {<[Buyer Cost]={1}>} [OT]))) / ((sum(Total[OT]))))) / (((sum({<[Supplier Cost]={1}>} [OQ]))) / ((sum(Total[OQ]))))))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny! Knew it would be something simple and obvious.