Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem: cleaning up a QlikSense app after auto-conversion

I have auto-converted an app from QlikView to QLikSense, and more or less successfully, built  up the views I want to keep. So far so good.

However, my problem is that after the conversion, the Master Items list is totally littered with unidentifiable objects, some of them only named = ' ' (that is, no name), or named = VFilterInformationText - one after the other... I now have several dozens of these, but I have little idea in which views they are used, or if they are no longer used at all; and, even if in some cases can find out where the object is used, it seems impossible to rename them into something usable. Some of them (maybe all?) are also connected to some other master item, but I cannot see which - it is impossible to "edit" without cutting the link to whatever it is linked to...

In short, the "structure" (too good a word for it) looks like an explosion in a pig pen. Is there any way I can do anything about it, or would it actually be better to start a new app and copy the things I want to use into that app?

- kjell

4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Not sure if you have seen this -

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/create-app-from-docum...

It says that Visualizations, dimensions and measures, however, have to be created in Qlik Sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but this document is very brief and does not say anything about how to understand where an auto-created master object is being used (or, indeed, if it is not used any more and I can safely delete it).

That would seem to be a general problem in Qlik Sense: once a master item is created, where is it used - or not?

At least, I found how I can edit the name of an auto-created item, but it will still be a huge amount of work understanding where, on all my views, a particular master object is used, or not....

- kjell

Digvijay_Singh

As I understand It says you only can utilize Qlikview data model and script, rest all needs to be recreated from scratch -

If you have a QlikView document, you can reuse part of your work in Qlik Sense. The load script and data model can be used to create an app in Qlik Sense. Visualizations, dimensions and measures, however, have to be created in Qlik Sense.

Digvijay_Singh

But as you said I don't think there is a native way to find out the visualizations/places where  a specific master dimension or measure is used. Some linking view in QMC will definitely help.

mto‌ can help may be in case there is something on this already available.