Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giomedeiros
Contributor II
Contributor II

Problem editing filter with conditional

Good afternoon,

I created a filter in Qlik Sense and I defined a condition for the dimension field, such as:

IF (MATCH ([Contract Status], 'Overdue'), [contracts.Customer])

It happens that some filters with the condition "IF (MATCH ([Contract Status], 'Overdue'),xxxxxxxx)" are working well. But others,

when I edit in the filter it's necessary to put '*'. For example, look this filter below :

imagemfiltro.png

If I only put 'A' in this filter, the list doesn't appear. If I put 'A*' in this filter, the list appears.

I don't understand why some filters I don't need to put '*' and it works well while others don't work.

Does anyone know how to solve this question?

Thanks,

Giovana

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jmmolero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Giovana,

I can not replicate this issue. You can try withthis expression instead:

=aggr({<[Contract Status]={'Overdue'}>} Concat([contracts.Customer],','),[contracts.Customer])

But I think that the better option is create a new field in the data model:

LOAD ...

IF ([Contract Status] = 'Overdue' ,[contracts.Customer])  as  [Customer Overdue],

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jmmolero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Giovana,

I can not replicate this issue. You can try withthis expression instead:

=aggr({<[Contract Status]={'Overdue'}>} Concat([contracts.Customer],','),[contracts.Customer])

But I think that the better option is create a new field in the data model:

LOAD ...

IF ([Contract Status] = 'Overdue' ,[contracts.Customer])  as  [Customer Overdue],

marinadorcassio1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Giovana,

It's probably because the source field of your filter contain numeric values, such as "A01" for exemple.

May you verify this please ?

I have the same behaviour on my applications : on string dimension, there is no need to add '*', but on the fileds created with concatenation of numeric field and string field, the '*' is needed. Not sure that the problem comes from the condition.

Regards,

Marina

giomedeiros
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot.

I created the new field in the data model, and it seems it's ok.