Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem loading QlikSense Example Widget Library

I'm working in QlikSense Desktop and am trying to import the QlikSense example widget library. I completed the following instructions:

Importing the example widgets

Do the following:

1. Use your file explorer to browse to the folder containing the widget library example files.For Qlik Sense Desktop, these are located at C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Qlik\Examples\Extensions\widget-examples.For Qlik Sense Enterprise, C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Examples\widget-examples.Select the folder contents and create the zip file widget-examples.zip
  2. Launch Dev Hub. From the hub in Qlik Sense or Qlik Sense Desktop, click Dev HubÂ.The Dev Hub start page is displayed in your browser window.
  3. At the top-right of the Dev Hub start page, click ú and select «Import widget library. Browse to the folder where you created the file widget-examples.zip and click Open.The example widget library is then imported. The widget library was successfully imported is displayed when completed.
  4. Click on the icon for widget-examples to open it in the Widget editor.

But, when I try to open the file 'widget-example', I get the following error message:

"An Error Occured"

An Error occurred and the widget library was not imported.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution?

Thank you.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You don't get the error when you import, but when you try to open the library from the Dev Hub start page? Am I understanding this correctly?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Experts,

Can someone please provide your valuable suggestions on this thread,even I am also facing same error while importing widget library

Thanks,

sbhelwig
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Even when using Qlik Sense Desktop (Nov 2017 version), you will need to create the widget-examples.zip file as specified in the original post.  This worked fine for me.