Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem when displaying data

Good morning ... I have been working recently with Qlik Sense but the following problem arises:

I have a star model (fact table and its dimensions) with their respective associations, the problem is when I want to show the name of the stores (dimension) it does not show them, it shows them as if they were null but instead if I show the keys of these businesses, works without problem.

Any help you can give me regarding this situation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

Looks like keys are not getting associated with your store dimension table. Check if fieldnames are different in dimension and fact table. Share your data model in case this is not the problem you have.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
PrashantSangle

better you post your screen shot of your table viewer and also possible your qvf.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Digvijay_Singh

Looks like keys are not getting associated with your store dimension table. Check if fieldnames are different in dimension and fact table. Share your data model in case this is not the problem you have.

sjaiswal13
Contributor II
Contributor II

Do you have inner join or left join between the store and the fact?It would be easy to understand this issue, if you have give an example of one id with its name from store and respective record from fact.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you've checked that your store-table and the fact-table use the same fieldname, e.g. "Store_ID"?

And don't forget: fieldnames are case-sensitive, therefore "Store_ID" isn't the same as  "Store_id"

regards, Stephan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you all.

The problem was that the data type did not match, in one table it was of integer type and in another of string type.

correcting this, it worked perfectly

Thanks

Digvijay_Singh

You may now close this thread by marking correct/helpful answers as many as you want.