Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Utop1984
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem with Access database update

Hello everyone,

I am not sure I can have an answer here as it is not directly related to QlikSense but as I got so much valuable help already I am thinking... It worth trying...

Here is my topic :

had imported an old access database on my computer from central server from my company with valuables information.

As it was too old I updated form "mdb" to ".accdb" (as one of my thread mentionned).

Then connection with QlikSense worked fine and I built many dashboards.

Now, to get new updated values, I use a ".bat" to import every morning this database from central server and update it automatically with newest information.

I know that it works because I can then open the updated database with Access.

BUT : Wen I open Qlik sense, open a dashboard, go to "data", it says "impossible to download this table from the data source" so I can't have updated values...  when I replace with old database... It works...

I don't understand because Database name is the same, I just replaced it with a newer one... maybe a problem in the microsoft connection ?

Any ideas ?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You might not have the correct odbc driver installed. Office does not install the ODBC drivers for .accdb files automatically. 

You will find the driver here: Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable