Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with upgrading QlikSense

Installing Qliksense does not work. It ends with an error. And refers to a logfile. Upgrafe failed. AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED. The transaction had to roll back. For detailed information see log file. View Setup log folder.

I have tried to uninstall previous version (using Windows Uninstall), but unfortunately this does not work either. Same kind of error.

Could someone please help. It is not possible to use Qliksense on my laptop.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

It seems that it is failing on installing the Demo Apps .msi package.

This "may" indicate a problem with corruption with the MSI installer service or possibly an issue with Roaming Profiles.

Let me poke around a bit and see what I can find.

In the mean-time:

1. Open regedit

2. Seach for HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

3. Change the path in "Personal" entry to a local path, but remember the old path!

4. Now you can install qlikview without an error.

5. Change the path in "Personal" to your old.

Let us know

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Richard,

I assume you mean Qlik Sense Desktop?

Can you attach the log file - for us to review?

I believe the log will be found in:

C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log

Logs may also be available here:

C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\Temp

Look for Qlik_Sense_Desktop_<DATETIME>.log - (or something like that)

Also you can - attempt to clear out (delete) these folders, they are cached files and are recreated each time Qlik Sense Desktop is started.

C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\Temp\QlikSenseBrowserCache

C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\Temp\QlikSenseBrowser1.1.50500.0409.10

You can also try the install again and let us know.

Make sure you are installed with the proper creds that you used to install the original software.

Let us know

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

See attached log file.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

It seems that it is failing on installing the Demo Apps .msi package.

This "may" indicate a problem with corruption with the MSI installer service or possibly an issue with Roaming Profiles.

Let me poke around a bit and see what I can find.

In the mean-time:

1. Open regedit

2. Seach for HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

3. Change the path in "Personal" entry to a local path, but remember the old path!

4. Now you can install qlikview without an error.

5. Change the path in "Personal" to your old.

Let us know

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Mike,

This worked out perfectly. Qlik Sense Desktop has been installed.

Thanks.

Richard

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Sweet - have fun - let us know how else we can  help.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

This issue can be resolved by making sure the account is actually a Service Account.  Even Administrative accounts are NOT service accounts unless specified.

Depending on the Windows OS version you can do the following:

1. Open Administrative Tools (older versions, Control Panel, new versions, click on Start)

2. Select Local Security Policy, expand Local Policies, click on User Rights Assignment

3. Select Act as part of the operating system. If your user is already listed, skip to Step 5

4. Click on Add User or Group and add the desired user account.  Click on Check Names and make note of the entire name, example:  MYHOST\myservice

5. Return to the listing for User Rights Assignment and select Log on as a service, following the same directions as above

6. Close Administrative Tools and return to the Sense installation

6. Using the same exact name that appeared with Check Names, enter the service account name in the User dialog, with the correct password.

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Second possible resolution might be: 

The issue with the installation may come from using the wrong computer/maschine name! 
Somehow it accepts the user and credentials but then fails, the easiest way is to use the exact name of machine name/user name taken from the properties of a file, security tab and then use the account full name from there.

Hope the above helps.
Stay safe