Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publish dashboard update to users - Qlik Sense Hub

Hey,

I created an app on the Qlik Sense Hub and on Friday I made an update on this dashboard. I thought that when I do this update, directly into the publish app, all users will get this update. But there is no update for all the users from my created app.

What I have to do that all the users will become my updates?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

If you perform changes to a Published app you should have the possibility to select your new sheets/stories and Publish them. They will then be moved from your content into what we call "Community Content" in the app.

Your users, provided they have the correct security rules, should then be able to see your additions to that section in the app.

An alternative way is that you duplicate your app in QMC, do changes to the core app and then you re-publish the app and choose to overwrite existing app. That will add your new additions to the published app in the Hub while still retaining any user created content.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I think I know the problem. I was updating the app in the "My work" area and not in the Stream. Is it possible to change the "running" app in the stream? And after it ... all users will get there updates? Or must I change something in the QMC?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

If you perform changes to a Published app you should have the possibility to select your new sheets/stories and Publish them. They will then be moved from your content into what we call "Community Content" in the app.

Your users, provided they have the correct security rules, should then be able to see your additions to that section in the app.

An alternative way is that you duplicate your app in QMC, do changes to the core app and then you re-publish the app and choose to overwrite existing app. That will add your new additions to the published app in the Hub while still retaining any user created content.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

In QMC you can publish the app from My Work. When you publish you can choose to overwrite the existing app in the stream, that will swap out the app in the published stream with your copy from My Work.

Not applicable
Author

Can you explain me how to publish the "new sheets". When I´m in the Qlik Sense Hub in My Work there is no button or something like that where I can publish the updating sheets...

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

When a app is in "My Work" it's not published at all.
Publishing/Sharing sheets with users can only be done in a published app, i.e belonging to a stream.

Not applicable
Author

But this app called helpdesk is in "my work" and in the stream "Helpdesk" and is publish to several people in the company... 

Is there a workaround which shows me how to handel this in the QMC?

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

Yes I found the part publish ... everythink works! Thank you