Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckpolaris
Contributor
Contributor

Publish option within hub with Qlik Sense 3.2

Hello,

I'm new to Qlik sense, been working with it trying to understand how it works underneath the pretty visuals. We currently have Qlik Sense Desktop 3.2 installed in a test environment. My co-worker wanted to understand how the publish function works in the Hub. From what I've been able to tell, 'publish' isn't a hub function - at least not with QSD 3.2. If it is, please help me enable it, as granting a user complete access - and even my rootadmin user didn't have this function.

With that said, is there a way to implement a publish function within the 3.2 Hub? Some sort of json file or config file?

Thank you,

~chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

No. There is no option to enable publishing from the Qlik Sense Enterprise 3.2 Hub.  Publishing can only be done from QMC in 3.2

You will require to upgrade or fresh install the Qlik Sense Enterprise April 2018 or June 2018 or Sept 2018. All these 3 version has option to publish from Hub and QMC.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlik Sense Desktop doesn't have streams, so you can't publish an app to a stream. Streams are a feature of Qlik Sense Enterprise. And that's why you do have an option in the hub of a Qlik Sense Enterprise installation to publish apps.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Plus, publishing from Hub was not possible in 3.2, it was introduced in Qlik Sense Enterprise April 2018, I think.

ckpolaris
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sirs,

Thank you for your quick replies, although the reply from Mr. Wassenaar confuses me a little bit. Using the guide found in the Community called "THE ULTIMATE GUIDE ON HOW TO SET UP QLIK SENSE QMC USERS, STREAMS AND RULESIN 20 MINUTES", I was quickly able to create multiple streams within my Qlik Sense Desktop 3.2 install, and have full rights to them within the QMC and Hub. I did notice that the personal Qlik Sense Desktop and personal Cloud does not allow multiple stream. Perhaps what I have installed in out test environment is a Qlik Sense Desktop enterprise version of some sort?

Mr. Misina, your answer was more along the lines of what I expected. I was hoping that there was a way to edit a file somewhere to allow publishing from the Hub of v.3.2. I'm guessing not...

I did sign up for the Qlik Sense Cloud Enterprise 30 day trial. With that, and what I've done with the 3.2 install, I should be able to show my co-weorker what he wants to know.

Thank you guys very much for your responses, they are much appreciated.

skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense is available in 2 separate options :

Qlik Sense Desktop can only be installed on local Windows machine (not on Windows server) and comes with HUB only. There is no QMC available and cannot be published and no stream management is available. Also you do not need license to use the product.

Qlik Sense Enterprise which should be installed on Windows Server. This comes with HUB and QMC  that can be access using browsers like IE11 or Chrome.  It requires to purchase license for each user. 

Publishing is only available in Qlik Sense Enterprise to stream via QMC in 3.2

If you want to allow users to publishing from HUB and QMC, upgrade to Qlik Sense Enterprise April 2018 or higher.

The installer Qlik_Sense_setup.exe is for Qlik Sense Enterprise.

Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe is for installing on the local machine.

Capture.PNG

skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

If you are able to see Hub and qmc then you must have installed the Qlik Sense Enterprise and not the desktop.

Below is the system requirements for Qlik Sense Enterprise

Microsoft Windows Server 2012

• Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2016

For development and testing purposes only:

• Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit version only)
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit version only)
  • Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit version only)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sens...

ckpolaris
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shivanand,

The version I have then must be the enterprise version, because I definitely have both the Hub and QMC, and can definitely manage streams.

Does that knowledge open the question again? Is there a way to enable publishing from the Qlik Sense Enterprise 3.2 Hub?

skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

No. There is no option to enable publishing from the Qlik Sense Enterprise 3.2 Hub.  Publishing can only be done from QMC in 3.2

You will require to upgrade or fresh install the Qlik Sense Enterprise April 2018 or June 2018 or Sept 2018. All these 3 version has option to publish from Hub and QMC.