Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Publishing a Qliksense file

Hi All,

I have just started working on Qliksense and i was wondering if one can access the Qlik sense reports through a web portal like Access point for Qlikview. Please let me know if some one has done that or has an idea about it.

Thanks in Advance!

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlik Sense Desktop is web based. You work with it using a browser. There's also a Qlik Sense Server and that is also accessed with a web browser. You can find videos about it here: New to Qlik Sense Server Videos

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

‌Arun,

Qlik Sense is based on websockets, so any HTML5 browser will work. There is a QMC to manage the platform and a Hub to see and interact and create the apps.

Note that there is no longer need for a webserver, although you could use one.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your Reply. But I wanted to know if i have to share a Qlik sense file with someone, does he need to have Qlik sense installed on his system or if there is a provision of sharing it on some web portal like Access point and then end users can go to that portal's online link and can view it there?

Thanks

Arun Bhardwaj

Gysbert_Wassenaar

He does not need Qlik Sense Desktop installed. If you have Qlik Sense Server then you can publish the app there and any authorized user can access the app with a browser.

If you don't have Qlik Sense Server then you and he can register an account on cloud.qlik.com. You can then upload your Qlik Sense app to Qlik Sense Cloud and share it with him (and max. four others).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Arun,

See my reply to this post I just made, possibly will help you and clear things up.

Can I share app with other users?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik