Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III

Publishing my Sheets in Qlik Sense

Hi all,

I have a Qlik Sense app where all the sheets are divided into 3 sections or category :-

1- Base Sheet

2- My sheets

3- Community

In each and every section I have more than 10 sheets

When every I need to modify something in my qlik sense app I am duplicating either Base Sheet or Community Sheet then duplicated sheets are coming under My Sheet Category.

After modification when I am publishing the app then only

1- Base Sheet

and

2-Community Sheet

are visible

I'm not able to see My Sheets which I duplicated and I have done some modification?

Why is this happening ?

and How can I publish my all the duplicated sheets also?

Is there any special RIGHTS that I need to ask from ADMINISTRATOR SIDE?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hiteshpatil11
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Vivek,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Qlik Sense app where all the sheets are divided into 3 sections or category :-

1- Base Sheet

2- My sheets

3- Community

When every I need to modify something in my qlik sense app I am duplicating either Base Sheet or Community Sheet then duplicated sheets are coming under My Sheet Category.

1- Base Sheet

and

2-Community Sheet

are visible

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sheet which you have duplicated first and then published has moved from MY SHEETS section to "Published By Me" Section. This is a Standard process that follows even if you have Root Admin rights as a User. To Keep back up of your sheets before publishing, You can keep a copy of your edited Sheets in MY SHEETS Section. At any point, you can also unpublish the sheet which you have published and it will again come to your My Sheet Section.

You can publish Multiple Sheets one-by-one as you do it with a single sheet.

Please refer below link or additional help on similar scenario:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Content/Videos/Videos-how-to-publish-sheets-stories....

Regards,

Hitesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hiteshpatil11

Hi Vivek,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Base Sheet

2- My sheets

3- Community

1- Base Sheet

and

2-Community Sheet

are visible

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sheet which you have duplicated first and then published has moved from MY SHEETS section to "Published By Me" Section. This is a Standard process that follows even if you have Root Admin rights as a User. To Keep back up of your sheets before publishing, You can keep a copy of your edited Sheets in MY SHEETS Section. At any point, you can also unpublish the sheet which you have published and it will again come to your My Sheet Section.

You can publish Multiple Sheets one-by-one as you do it with a single sheet.

Please refer below link or additional help on similar scenario:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Content/Videos/Videos-how-to-publish-sheets-stories....

Regards,

Hitesh

vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

After publishing the individual sheets then the  duplicated and edited sheet moved from

1-My Sheets

to

2. Published by Me  Section

and

For other users, it will be available in Community Section

But after this When I duplicated the same app from QMC and published the duplicated App then

again only BASE Sheets ara visible to me Not Even community and Published By Me sheets.

So,How can I resolve this???

hiteshpatil11

Hi Vivek,

Exactly, because when you Duplicate an Application, Only Base Sheets are duplicated.

Also, See that when you duplicate an Application, All Sheets are Appeared as My Sheet section. So the Sheet Hierarchy changes when Application is in Work Stream.

For your Question:

But after this When I duplicated the same app from QMC and published the duplicated App then

again only BASE Sheets ara visible to me Not Even community and Published By Me sheets.

So,How can I resolve this???

One way of achieving this is:

1. Go To:

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps

2. Create a Copy of  Binary File of Published Application(Which has Published By Me and Community Sheets) which you are willing to Duplicate.

3. Rename the Copy of this File with extension .qvf

4. Import this Copy File in QMC

Open this application in Work, You will find that Published by Me and Community Sheets are kept together in My Sheets inside this Application.

You can publish this application and you'll find all the Published by Me and Community Sheets of previous application in Base Sheets after publishing.

Please check if this works for you. I just did a trial and it worked.

Regards,

Hitesh