Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renatarissodm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Pulling Data from Other Sheets

Hello,
I'm trying to generate financial statements through Qlik Sense desktop and now that I'm doing the cash flow I have ran into a bit of problem.

I'm wondering if it's possible to pull data from one sheet to another, like I do in excel, in order to create the demonstrate the changes in assets, liabilities, etc. Or links charts, so that the data from one could be used in another. 

I welcome any ideas.

Thank you!

Labels (4)
5 Replies
carahyba
Partner - Contributor III

Hi.
What kind of data do you want to pull from one sheet to another? Because QlikSense data is always available in any sheet, and by default all filter selections in one sheet is reflected in the whole app.
Regards.
renatarissodm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Carahyba,

Thanks for replying! 

In the worksheet where I have the Balance Sheet, I have created the measures (formulas) for accounts payables, receivables, PPE, Depreciation, etc., that take the raw data from the transactions in the excel uploaded to the app. 

Therefore, what I want is to pull the result from the formulas on the BS worksheet and put in the cash flow (on another sheet) so that they can be subtracted or aggregated, so that I can see the changes by month and year.

Its like when in excel you subtract one cell from another, and it can be done throughout documents, sheets, etc. 

carahyba

You should take all formulas to Load Script, creating new columns in your table. You could also create some Measures as Master Items.
Jose1
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello!

I have also come across the same kind of issue.

However, how do you take the formulas into the LOAD script?

Thank You! 

carahyba

Let's say you have the following formulas in your sheet for some grafs or tables:
Shipping Deadline
=DATE(DT_SALES_ORDER+3)

Shipping Duration in Days
=INTERVAL(DT_SHIPPING,DT_ARRIVAL,'D')

You should have in your load script something like this:

[TABLE]:
LOAD
ORDER,
DT_SALES_ORDER,
DT_SHIPPING,
DT_ARRIVAL,
DATE(DT_SALES_ORDER+3) AS [Shipping Deadline],