Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustTryingToLearn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pulling records from latest data set only

Hi,

I have an app that has a historical aspect and a current aspect to it. That is, I have my data coming in in a way that the new data is appended to the old data, and the way to tell the difference is the upload date. This data comes in every quarter.

I want to pull in data to the current aspect by making it so qlik only shows the values with the most recent date in the system. How can I get qlik to do this?

Thanks,

Labels (4)
6 Replies
Sammy_AK
Creator II
Creator II

first, get the latest record from the table using Max function and next assign this value to variable and use this variable to qlik load. this will restrict the load and source only the latest values available in the dataset. 

JustTryingToLearn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Cannot do. The app also needs all the older data for the historical parts of it. I need a way to selectively do this without limiting the qlik load globally.

Sammy_AK
Creator II
Creator II

ok, i understand that you do not want to apply a filter to the qlik load globally, yo want to apply some kind of filter on a qlik visualization so that you see data for most recent update ?

JustTryingToLearn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, that would be ideal. I am thinking a master item would work for something like this. Do you have an idea of how I can write an expression that could achieve this?

Sammy_AK
Creator II
Creator II

Using set analysis you can create a measure which will give you the latest records. for e.g. i want to know sum of sales for today, then i write an expression sum({<Sales_Date={'$(=Date(today(),'DD/MM/YYYY'))'}>}Amount), this expression will give me sum of sales for todays date. you will need to write an expression in your measure. 

JustTryingToLearn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

What if I do not want a Sum or a count?

Here is my situation:

I am trying to measure the education level of a group.

My variables are date, a person ID, and education level

I want to filter the person IDs down to the most recent date and do everything based off that.

Would that be possible?