Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william_fu
Creator II
Creator II

Purpose of QS Enterprise authentication on desktop?

I followed the instructions in this tutorial to see what could be accomplished from my Qlik Sense Desktop client (e.g. access to my apps on the QS Server), but I found no difference between authenticating via Qlik Sense Enterprise Server vs regular Qlik account login.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Content/Videos/Videos-desktop-authenticate-against-e...

Am I missing something? What's the advantage?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shivanandk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

1. Lot of firms and company do not want their employees create QlikID for authentication.

2. Second you can open the support ticket for any issue on the desktop due to Enterprise license.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I don't think there really is much difference with the desktop version.  The exception is that it is authenticating against the Enterprise installation instead of against a personal account setup on the Qlik site.

Also, if you do plan to use Mobile then you have to authenticate against the Enterprise installation.

shivanandk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

1. Lot of firms and company do not want their employees create QlikID for authentication.

2. Second you can open the support ticket for any issue on the desktop due to Enterprise license.