Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erikkorme
Contributor III
Contributor III

QDF and Qlik Sense?

We are looking at implementing the Qlikview Deployment Framework but are uncertain on how it will be affected by the deployment of Qlik Sense? Will the framework be usable within Qlik Sense as well?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone, as Fabrice wrote QDF will in future releases work under Qlik Sense as well as QlikView. Next QDF release will add support for Qlik Sense LIB (folder connection) and create Global Variables (same as used in QlikView) based on LIB url.
Best regards
Magnus

View solution in original post

7 Replies
wallace_c
Employee
Employee

HI Erik,

Would you please more specific on what's your concerns on this?

If according to our Qlik Sense Support FAQ

Can I install Qlik Sense Desktop on the same machine where QlikView 10 or 11 is installed?

Yes, Qlik Sense Desktop and QlikView Developer 10 and 11 can coexist on the same machine.

So from my understanding there shouldn't be any issue when you deployment both on the same machine. They are 2 different product.

But if you could give us more thoughts, I believe our product team will give you more hints on this. Cheers!

Regards,

Wallace Chen

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should be able to use the deployment framework with Sense as well.

The point with the QDF is to structure from dev to test and to production. It is possible that there might be some adjustments to Sense but so far there is no release on this.

erikkorme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Wallace,

The Qlikview Deployment Framework Video Link : 1235 is a set of tools, variables and structure to help develop and deploy Qlik-solutions.

Cheers,

Erik

erikkorme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your input! I guess then that my question is to what extent can we use the framework within sense. I.e. can we still do scripting in external files, call variables and set up connections externally?

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone, as Fabrice wrote QDF will in future releases work under Qlik Sense as well as QlikView. Next QDF release will add support for Qlik Sense LIB (folder connection) and create Global Variables (same as used in QlikView) based on LIB url.
Best regards
Magnus

erikkorme
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Brilliant, thanks for your help!

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Erik, Yes on all. You can still do scripting using external files, you can reuse global variables between QlikView and Sense. You can reuse connection string includes already created in QlikView, but our recommendation is (in the long run) to move these into Sense repository.
The QDF administration (like creating containers) are for now done using QlikView 11.

Best regards

Magnus