Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poly318
Contributor
Contributor

QLIK Sense Timeline Dashboard Visualization

Greetings,

I have created a timeline dashboard.

Is it possible when others use it, to have the dashboard appear with the left most edge reflecting the timeline's current date entry without having to scroll over to manually reflect the current date?

So I am asking if it is possible to have the timeline visualization appear on screen using the current date as the default for the leftmost portion of the screen.

My company is using an QLIK Sense enterprise version; not the desktop version.

Edward

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not sure, you are asking about Technical question? If i understand, Correct you can define "Sort" option using expression option like

Dual(Max(DateField), DateField)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
siddharthsoam
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can use the max date in set analysis something like this

Sum({<Date = {'$(=Max(Date))'}>}Sales)

Poly318
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Timeline ExampleTimeline ExampleThank you Loveisfail & Siddharthsoam for your replies.

I do not think that I did a good job in describing my issue. A snippet of my timeline is included here.

Notice that it starts with November 2018, which makes sense since my first task began during November.

What I have been asked to do is to see if when you pull up the timeline dashboard, it automatically scrolls so that the current date timeframe is reflected at the left side of the screen instead of where you see the November section now.

I do not think that the expression Sum({<Date = {'$(=Max(Date))'}>}Sales) will be beneficial since I have no field to perform a sum on.

Regarding Dual(Max(DateField), DateField), I substituted the name of my date field for the DateField reference.  I typed in the expression within the expression input field of the sort tab for the date field in question. That did nothing for me. Perhaps I am missing something. If so, please let me know.

Any other suggestions?

Edward