Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michal_durica
Contributor III
Contributor III

QMC Security Rule Import App

Hi,

I would like to create security rule where user will have access on the level of Content Admin to just his streams and related apps.

I am able to create it but I need to edit rule that user can import app from his desktop.

See attached pics.

The first one shows how it is, the second one how it should be.

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michal,

i am facing the same question, have you found an answer in the meanwhile?

Best reagrds!

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Maybe this link would help?

Qlik Sense Security integration - Security Rules and Section Access

And when you check default Content Admin role, he has quite a few resources applied. You should try to do same with the user/group you want to give access...

Capture.PNG

Maybe try with AND/OR rule with user name and value and give it a try?

Capture1.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Aehman,

i do not understand your solution you create with a security role a user role "Content Admin" that is only working for a special user. Makes for me no sense. With this approach the user will see all content and not just his streams and related apps. Its quite the same just giving the user the user role "Content Admin", but this is not the case here.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You need to create a new rule same like default Content Admin role.

Take those resources, add user name to it and also the app name.

DO NOT modify the default content Admin role and probably disable it?

I'll test it and update it here...

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Note: For testing purpose I just created a random Customproperty with name CUser. You can create your own and there is no need to Disable the Default Content Admin role.

Do the following steps.....

1. Create a custom property as CustomContentAdmin following, give the value as CustomContentAdminCapture2.PNG

2. Create a Security Rule to Create a New Role as following

Resource Filters: QmcSection_App, QmcSection_Stream ,Stream,App,ReloadTask_*,UserSyncTask_*,SchemaEvent_*,User*,Extension_

Capture1.PNG

3. Go to users and under Role, you'll find CustomContentAdmin. Add this new role to the user and also you can add the same Custom property to the Apps or Streams etc... But I believe only Role will be enough.

4. Create a new Security rule as following

Resource Filter: App_*,ReloadTask*, SchemaEvent*,CompositeEvent*, ExecutionResult*,DataConnection*

Capture.PNG

In user You'll give value as CustomContentAdmin and below that @CustomContentAdmin, value as CustomContentAdmin.

Capture12.PNGCapture123.PNG

It worked fine for me, though it took hours to figure out but finally it worked.

I hope it works for you as well?

Thanks.

michal_durica
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Aehman,

I do not work. I do not understand what is it mean to create custom property. Where is defined which stream the user can see?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/create-custom-property.ht...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.2/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/extensions-add-custom-...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/ServerUserGuide/SUG_Setti...

Please go thru the above links.

In your case for create custom property like below image.

Capture1.PNG

After above step follow my previous post with images on how to create security rules.

Assign a user or group to the CUser Admin role. (You can give your own name as I mentioned, CUser I used for an example).

If you still don't get it, maybe do some search on Youtube or Community about how to create security rules, custom properties etc.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you just want a rule for importing an App inside the qmc you can create a security rule with following

Resource Filter: App_*,DataConnection*

DataConnection is needed as while importing Apps, Apps that use Dataconnections want to import them also.