Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

QMC shows the page can't be displayed

Hi there,

I'm installing Qlik Sense Server on Win8.1 64bit. The installation went successfully (I'm logging in to my computer using my own ID with local administrator privilege). Now, when I try to open the QMC using either IE or Firefox, it shows that "Page cannot be displayed".

Would you suggest where I might possibly miss a step?

I did the following as well:

1. Turn off windows firewall

2. Add the URL to the Trusted list

3. Using IP instead of URL

There's no new log is created in the C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log subfolders when I attempted to open the QMC...(all existing logs are from when I completed the installation)

Thank you in advance,

Anton

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

HI Anton - at a command line - type:

netstat -a | find "LISTENING"

here is mine - and you can see all the ports used:

Note: 443 and the 42* ports - those are used by my Qlik Sense server on my machine.

4432 is the default postgreSQL port for the repository database

Other are there too, from other software I have running.

TCP    0.0.0.0:135            mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:443            mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:445            mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:623            mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:902            mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:912            mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:1433           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:2382           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:2869           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:3389           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:4241           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:4242           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:4243           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:4244           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:4444           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:4747           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:4848           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:5050           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:5151           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:5252           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:5357           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:8000           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:8080           mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:16992          mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:17500          mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:49152          mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:49153          mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:49154          mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:49155          mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:49158          mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:49162          mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:49163          mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    0.0.0.0:53690          mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    127.0.0.1:1434         mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    127.0.0.1:4432         mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    127.0.0.1:5354         mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    127.0.0.1:12124        mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    127.0.0.1:59948        mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

TCP    192.168.2.121:139      mtarallo1234:0         LISTENING

HTH

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Anton,

Dumb question but valid, do all the Qlik Sense services are running? If they do do all are under a service account that are part of the administrator group but except Qlik Sense Repository Database,  it should running under "local system".

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gio,

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, all services are running, and I tried 3 different IDs:

1. The company ID I'm using to logging to my computer (which is part of local Administrative group)

2. A new local ID I created (called sense_system - following the Installation video), also added to the local Administrative group.

3. Not entering a specific ID, which will use the local system.

All of them come up with the same result.

I tried using my IP address instead of full computer name, and it doesn't work either

I also check the computer "Event Viewer", and find nothing being logged during the time I'm doing this test.

In my computer, I have no previous Qlik Sense Server (and neither Qlikview Server) installed, but I do have Qlik Sense Desktop & Qlikview 11.2 SR7.

I'm not sure if we need to do something with certificate at this point,...and at what point do we need to do them? is it during installation or after installation - I'm assuming if it has something with certificate, I might get a different error?

Best regards,

Anton

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gio,

I just uninstalled, deleted all Qlik Sense left over folders, re-installed with all default settings, and here's piece of the error in the Proxy log (other logs seem to show no error). I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I thought I provided as much as information as I could. Thank you again...

Cheers,

Anton

Not applicable

Dear Anton,

From the log, it seems the repository service has aborted an established connection. And interesting info is that proxy tries to contact https://localhost:4242/. Didn't you mention that you are using full computer name with domain name?

Since you are working with Qlik Sense Server version. Would you please send a service request to our Customer Support and we will handle with you case as soon as you have registered.

Best regards,

Bohua Li

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Bohua,

I apologize for the delayed response. I was tying to tinker with it a bit more and unfortunately still not working the way I expected. Regarding to your question, I tried different combination such as:

- MyLaptop (just my computer name).

- MyLaptop.MyCompany.Com (full computer name - I replaced the real company name here with "MyCompany")

- IP address

- localhost

An interesting part is, I managed to have QMC opened without issues when finished installation on standalone Windows Server 2012 R2.

Note: The issue I mentioned in my initial posting was trying to launch QMC installed on Windows 8.1 64bit Enterprise & Windows 7 64bit Enterprise. Not sure if it's the OS is the culprit.

Thank you,

Anton

Not applicable

Hi Anton,

I read through your previous posts again. I got following assumptions: You don't have any errors logged when trying to access QMC even from a local machine, this would mean you were not able to 'touch' the Qlik Services yet. So shouldn't be related to certificates or authentication.

My concern will be like this:

Check following ports are not occupied by other processes: 443, 4242, 4243, 4244, 4747, 4432 (skype gets 443 by default, some other software kills 4242)

If it's still not working, please use dev tool in browsers to get the exceptions and paste them here. (any 'F12' tools such as firebug, chrome dev tool, IE dev tool)

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Bohua,

Thank you again for suggestion. Here's the screenshot and logs I found in the Debugger. Please let me know if this is not the one you're looking for:

Thanks again,

Anton

Here's the complete content of the dnserror.htm shown above:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

<html>

<head>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="NewErrorPageTemplate.css" >

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

<title>This page can&rsquo;t be displayed</title>

<script src="errorPageStrings.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

</script>

<script src="httpErrorPagesScripts.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

</script>

</head>

<body onLoad="javascript:getInfo();">

<div id="contentContainer" class="mainContent">

<div id="mainTitle" class="title">This page can&rsquo;t be displayed</div>

<div class="taskSection" id="taskSection">

<ul id="cantDisplayTasks" class="tasks">

<li id="task1-1">Make sure the web address <span id="webpage" class="webpageURL"></span>is correct.</li>

<li id="task1-2">Look for the page with your search engine.</li>

<li id="task1-3">Refresh the page in a few minutes.</li>

</ul>

<ul id="notConnectedTasks" class="tasks" style="display:none">

<li id="task2-1">Check that all network cables are plugged in.</li>

<li id="task2-2">Verify that airplane mode is turned off.</li>

<li id="task2-3">Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.</li>

<li id="task2-4">See if you can connect to mobile broadband.</li>

<li id="task2-5">Restart your router.</li>

</ul>

</div>

<div><button id="diagnose" class="diagnoseButton" onclick="javascript:diagnoseConnectionAndRefresh(); return false;">Fix connection problems</button></div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

Not applicable

Dear Anton, This is quite abnormal that you don't have any exceptions through your console. It is as if nothing was hosted on 443 port. Have you checked all your log files under qlik sense log folder? And no errors were found at all? Bohua

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Anton,

I have only see this exact error - when file permissions on the files and directories in the Qlik Sense directories are not correct.

The only way to be sure is to:

• Uninstall Qlik Sense using the uninstall program in the add/remove program
  • Delete the following directory:<drive>:\ProgramData\Qlik
  • Install Qlik Sense version 1.0 - using a windows account which has LOCAL administrator rights
  • Make sure the services are started using that same account - local or domain to start the services
  • Make sure Skype or ANY other program is NOT using port 80 or 443 (do you have IIS installed?)

Let us know

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik