Did you mean: 
rhannuschka
Contributor
Contributor

QRS Api limit results

As i know i can send Request to qrs to fetch users with 

as example with
/qrs/user/full?xrfkey=So9WHpq1iiHNG4Ew

I see that /qrs/User/table?take=NUMBER have an additional take param which holds the count how many we want to get, is there anything similiar for /qrs/user/full ?

Greetings

4 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I don't quite understand the scenario.

You want to get a limited number of users rather than the full listing? For what goal?

rhannuschka
Contributor
Contributor
Author

We create an WebApp and the goal is an Autosuggest with Users into the qmc, i want display max 20 Users so i dont need all of them he could find.

There are 2 possible Options to solve this

1. I could enter 3 keys and get all who matched and then save the result in a private Hash and filter this. The advantage would be i have only 1 request to the qrs Rest API. But the Downside i dont know how many users will come, this can be 10, 100 or more. The Response can also be really big.

2. The second approach is ( that one i choosed ) is send a Request and fetch max 20 Users this will result in multiple requests but smaller responses and i dont need to insert any logic to filter Users. Qlik can do this better.

At the end if u try to fetch only 20 Users with /qrs/user/full?filters u cant limit the result server side and the Response will also have all Users he can find.

What now for me worked was the qrs endpoint /qrs/User/table which have 2 important Query Params to solve that,
take and skip. 

And the Question is can i get the same Result as i get with the endpoint /qrs/User/table ( POST ) with /qrs/user/full ( GET ).

Greetings

jlo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QRS API Reference

It seems there is no take parameter for qrs/user/full or qrs/user/many 
But if I were you I would try it anyway. Sometimes the reference is not complete.

If it doesn't work, either take the full and filter it on the client side or maybe using the qrs/user/table?take=20

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

This may be helpful:

Get the total:

GET /qrs/user/count

Get 50, start at 0 (future iterations can do the maths needed to page through the entire results you will want to adjust the skip param to go to the next page):

POST /qrs/user/table?orderAscending=true&skip=0&sortColumn=name&take=50
{
    "entity": "User",
    "columns": [
        {
            "name": "id",
            "columnType": "Property",
            "definition": "id"
        },
        {
            "name": "name",
            "columnType": "Property",