Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

QRS vs QRD

Hi All,

In a multi node architechture, I understand all the nodes should have Qliksense Repository Service(QRS). Is it the case with (Qliksense Repository Database) QRD also ? Will QRD be installed along with QRS ?

Please let me know how QRS and QRD works\helps !

Thanks,

Karthick V.

6 Replies
s29124141
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

When the Qlik Sense Repository Service (QRS) on a rim node starts, it connects to the local repository database on the node. If no local repository database exists, the QRS waits until it communicates with the central node. Read below for more

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your response. I have gone through the blog.

My query is more on whether QRD will have to be installed separately like a service ?

Can you help me understand in-case of Synchronised persistence, how would it work without a QRD.

Thanks,

Karthick V.

s29124141
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

The Qlik Sense Repository Service (QRS) manages persistence and synchronization of data on a node. The

QRS is needed by all other Qlik Sense services and is therefore installed on all nodes in a site. The QRS

attaches to the repository database.

On a site using synchronized persistence, the repository database is installed on all nodes, and the QRS

manages the synchronization of data between all repository databases in multi-node sites. On a site using

shared persistence, the QRS on each node connects to a shared repository database.

Please refer "2.3" section in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.1/pdf/Install%20and%20upgrade%20Qlik%20Sense.pdf for more details.

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Many thanks for your response Praveena !

s29124141
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can mark the question as answered, so that it doesn't seem to be an open item. Helps the community users too.

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Praveena,

I had to leave it open, as I would like to understand on whether QRD would be installed as a different Service ? And how ?

Thanks,

Karthick V.