Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthick30
Creator
Creator

QVD drop Cases

Hi Team,

I have an app which I need to run once in a month. Month end alone I will run. On that particular day , for every 15 mins it will run till the BW job gets completed.

I am trying to load it to qvd, but the problem is same data is duplicating . for example, data's in 1st 15 mins will also be there in 2nd 15 mins. so qvd is getting duplicated

Is there any way to avoid this.

like 1) any way to delete the qvd for each 15 mins and create new qvd (OR)

2) No need to store qvd  for all 15 mins , except the last load. 

Any way to achieve this..

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Henrique_Prata
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @Karthick30 ,

Have you tried using incremental load? Here a link (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/use-QVD-fil... with more information about it.

By making use of incremental loads you can:
1 - Append only
2 - Insert only (no update or delete)
3 - Insert, update and delete

Let me know if this was helpful.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

It sounds to me that every QVD has an unique name. What about reusing the same QVD name for all loads.

So instead of doing a store into DATA_<timestamp>.qvd do a store into DATA.qvd. Then your qvd data will be overwritten every load and you don't need to think of deleting.

If you have a large data set then you could consider doing some kind of incremental load. How to implement that depends a lot on how your data is stored and updated . There are a lot of stuff written on that topic in this forum on on other sites (do a google search and you will find).