Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.
Recently, I have updated with new version of Qliksense. Now I am not able to connect to the data sources. It is throwing error message like Connector is not responding. Contact your administrator. Could you please Help me on this.
I have exactly the same issue, but no solution.
I tried what is recommended here: https://community.qlikview.com/thread/219426
Did not help.
I uninstalled QlikSense and installed from scratch.
Did not help.
Now - when I just start QlikSense Desktop and create a new app and go only to Data editor, Data connections on the right side starts spinning and throws connector error! Screenshot attached.
With system administrator we disabled firewall and did not help. Strange that it worked one week ago (17.08.2018) but I did not install any update or change anything on the computer. Nothing in logs. Leading BI product which unfortunately does not properly work.
Thanks Bala. I deleted the two connectors, that did not fix it, but then I deleted all connectors and QlikSense works now.
The issue I face now is that ODBC connector shows nothing in User DSN neither System DSN. I created ODBC connections and tested successfully outside Qlik. The list is however empty. That should be native ODBC, independent on Qlik connector.
I had the exact same problem. Had a 1 hour call with Qlik Support.
It turns out my McAfee Virus Protection was blocking the Connector .exe's in the folder C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Local\Programs\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data.
Sense June 2018 works fine now.
Thanks Steve, this helped.
I confirm that we found the root cause - issues with connectors are in this case caused by McAfee - ADAPTIVE THREAT PROTECTION. When turned off the connectors and ODBC work.
This could be McAfee issue or threat policy set by company's security.
Try this too:
I think so, you're not going to / not able to do Security settings change, better check with your IT team and let them know the issue.
I found out what anti virus program of the company that I am working for is using. Uninstalled McAfee and installed eset. So far Qlik Sense works just fine. McAfee tried, but could not really solve the issue. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what caused the problem.