cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
covenant_bi
Creator
Creator

Qlik-CLI Update-QlikApp Owner question

I am using the Update-QlikApp cmdlet in Qlik-CLI and I am able to successfully change an owner of an app using the flag called -ownername however I get a message that it is deprecated and to use -owner.  However, I can't seem to get -owner to work using any combination of the userID,name, etc.  I see in the documentation that -owner is an object vs a string but I am not sure how to invoke the cmdlet to pass the right data to change the owner using the preferred method. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
covenant_bi
Creator
Creator
Author

I was able to use this to mass change owners and tags on our release environment.  It is running right now as I type this

connect-qlik -computername qlikserver -UseDefaultCredentials
Get-QlikApp -filter "tags.name eq 'oldtag'" |Update-QlikApp -tags "newtag" -owner 'domain\user'

View solution in original post

2 Replies
scnelson99
Contributor II
Contributor II

Has anyone had any success with this.  I'm trying to create a Qlik-CLI script to mass change owner on QS Apps. We would use this when a Qlik Sense developers leave the organization (or their team) to help that team reassign all of the apps owned by a specific user to another user.

covenant_bi
Creator
Creator
Author

I was able to use this to mass change owners and tags on our release environment.  It is running right now as I type this

connect-qlik -computername qlikserver -UseDefaultCredentials
Get-QlikApp -filter "tags.name eq 'oldtag'" |Update-QlikApp -tags "newtag" -owner 'domain\user'