Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayzor1
Employee
Employee

Qlik DataTransfer Installation - "Service User Validation Failed"

Hi Qlikkies,

I am trying to install Qlik DataTransfer but when I key in my user credentials, the error in the title appeared.
I've also tried the method whereby I could skip the validation. How can it fix it?

I've also reset my Qlik Sense SaaS account password once and tried to key in again but it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @jayzor1 ,

according to the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikDataTransfer/install...
it could be that if your username is longer than 20 characters you have to use the UPN form, see below.

Run the installer and accept the Qlik User License Agreement. The default installation path is %Program Files%\Qlik\DataTransfer. When entering the service credentials , the username must be in the form domain\username.

Note:
If you enter a username that is more than 20 characters long, it must be in User Principal Name (UPN) format, and must include the full domain name. For example, longusername@full.domain.name.

You could share the installer logs. I have not got the feedback yet if they have the same switch included as with the Qlik Sense installation, but you can try to run the installer from the command line using:

QlikDataTransfer.exe skipvalidation=1 

Please let me know if that worked. 

kind regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂

View solution in original post

Sebastian_Linser

Hello @Kev4IN 

If you have a workgroup, then the pcname is the attribute you use in front of username.

Pcname\username in short, could you try this and post your result?

Best regards Sebastian

Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Kev4IN 

You can find your username and computer name, by running the following commands:

echo %USERNAME%

echo %COMPUTERNAME%

Then please use the format computername\username. Please note that this must be less than 20 characters and the user must be an administrator.

16 Replies
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @jayzor1 ,

according to the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikDataTransfer/install...
it could be that if your username is longer than 20 characters you have to use the UPN form, see below.

Run the installer and accept the Qlik User License Agreement. The default installation path is %Program Files%\Qlik\DataTransfer. When entering the service credentials , the username must be in the form domain\username.

Note:
If you enter a username that is more than 20 characters long, it must be in User Principal Name (UPN) format, and must include the full domain name. For example, longusername@full.domain.name.

You could share the installer logs. I have not got the feedback yet if they have the same switch included as with the Qlik Sense installation, but you can try to run the installer from the command line using:

QlikDataTransfer.exe skipvalidation=1 

Please let me know if that worked. 

kind regards

Sebastian

jayzor1
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi @Sebastian_Linser , I've tried those two methods and they didn't work.
Is there any alternative method to install Qlik Data Transfer?

Thanks and regards,
jayzor1

Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

i would suggest you open a case with support so we can investigate this further.

regards

Sebastian

pam1001
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem, I try to login with my Qlik Sense user (my email) and password and I get this error "service user validation failed".

I don't know if you have found a solution
Thanks!

SKG_Tecnologia
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm having the same problem here, wonder if someone could find a solution.

Thanks!

FelipeOliveira
Contributor II
Contributor II

Bom dia ! 

estou com o mesmo problema. Sugiro abrir um chamado e enquanto isso, baixe as versões anteriores para ir utilizando.

ihuet
Contributor
Contributor

You just have to type Domain\user and your windows domain user password. It's not related to QLIKCloud user and pass.

Kev4IN
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @ihuet , @Sebastian_Linser , I experienced the same problem of installing it. Based on my attached picture, I have used the Domain\User format, despite my laptop with Windows 11 Pro shows that it does not have a domain but has a workgroup.  Is the User referring to the Desktop's name? May I know which password should I use? Is it the one that I have to key-in to activate from Sleep's screen saver or the one that I use to login to my Microsoft account? I tried both they failed, resulting in the red message: Service user validation failed. 

Sebastian_Linser

Hello @Kev4IN 

If you have a workgroup, then the pcname is the attribute you use in front of username.

Pcname\username in short, could you try this and post your result?

Best regards Sebastian