Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayzor1
Employee
Employee

Qlik DataTransfer Installation - "Service User Validation Failed"

Hi Qlikkies,

I am trying to install Qlik DataTransfer but when I key in my user credentials, the error in the title appeared.
I've also tried the method whereby I could skip the validation. How can it fix it?

I've also reset my Qlik Sense SaaS account password once and tried to key in again but it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

16 Replies
Seanog_Murphy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Kev4IN 

You can find your username and computer name, by running the following commands:

echo %USERNAME%

echo %COMPUTERNAME%

Then please use the format computername\username. Please note that this must be less than 20 characters and the user must be an administrator.

DDalosse
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Thanks @Seanog_Murphy it works for me... PC_NAME\USERNAME.

jfilhoul
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Got the same problem : "Service user validation failed" after uninstalling and reinstalling DataTransfer.

I try domain\username, username@fulldomain, argument in cmd "skipvalidation=1" but I'm always blocked... Can you help me ? 

Thanks
jfilhoul
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I solve this first one with a Windows reboot...😬

Now I'm go bak to my first issue before uninstall : "Unable to connect to client". What can I do please ? 

jfilhoul
Contributor
Contributor

Camilla84
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I was having the same problem and I could solve. Just check the domain of your pc on the settings. Its not related with any other Qlik account. Check the domain from the PC you are using, check the user name with cmd > echo  %USERNAME%, then type: PCdomain\the username you got from the comand prompt. Check the images attached.

LZ
Contributor
Contributor

I confirm credentials are

(user) COMPUTER NAME\USER

(pw(   the password of the Pc

We can obtain user with the command (from command row)

%COMPUTERNAME%

%USERNAME%

Thanks for all previous contributions