Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CurtDaughtryBP
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik SaaS - Published Apps Workflow? How to manage updates pushed to Cloud from Desktop?

We have QSEoCS running well (the SaaS offering for the enterprise edition).

Right now, we are developing the apps locally (via Desktop) and publishing the completed app to the SaaS environment.

Each time we do this, it creates a new app instead of replacing a target app.

This is problematic because

1. user content is lost
  2. You have to recreate the reload schedules, tags, etc.

Back story: We are doing this because the connectivity and performance while developing in the SaaS environment is suspect. Consuming is fine but there are times when the auto-save just doesn't work. So for efficiency sake, we are developing locally and pushing to the cloud for consumption (with all data connections and reloads working automatically).

When publishing to SaaS, Is there any way to replace an existing app instead? Or could someone point me toward the workflow best practice in the SaaS environment?

I really would prefer to avoid setting up an QSEoW instance simply to automate the publishing of an app to the Cloud offering.

Labels (4)
5 Replies
CurtDaughtryBP
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Bump.

Any one?

kahl_dre
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi There,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am facing the same issue.

Cheers,

Andre

CurtDaughtryBP
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sadly - no.

mbj
Employee
Employee

Hi, Please have a look at the datatransfer tool for this use case.  (see tools menu in your SaaS console)

CurtDaughtryBP
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply. That will not remedy the app being created as new. 

Really - I'm looking for what the best practice is for further development of an app when it is done outside of the actual SaaS environment. Similar to dev -> prod workflow except not using the SaaS tenant as the dev environment.