Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense 2.0 Desktop, data profiling profiling requirements

Hi!

Is there some requirements for using data profiling or is it meant to work only with certain kinds of data sources?

I'm trying to use data from mysql source, using ODBC. Everything works great. I can select tables and columns, rename them, everything works. Then I try to run data profiling. Every time I run it, I get a message saying: "Data Profiling could not be completed"
I tried using only one table, multiple tables, loading data from one table first and then add a new table.

I'm running Qlik Sense 2.0.1 Desktop on a Windows 7 machine.   

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This has now been corrected.  If you re-download from here you will now get version 2.1.1.  Apologies you will need to re-register.

- Josh

Qlik

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tomi,

I'm having the same issue (Qlik Sense Desktop Version 2.0.1 +Build: 46.QSM12-CIGS, Windows Version: Windows 7 Enterprise SP1).

The only way I've been able to get round it is by manually renaming columns that I want to create links between (I've been using QlikView for quite a while now so know how the linking works).  It works for me but won't really work for end users who don't understand how Qlik joins work.  Hopefully it's fixed soon!

Not applicable
Author

Same here. Windows 10 64 Bit with Qlick Sense Desktop Version 2.0.4 - it is simple not possible to use the data profiler to edit the relationsships between columns from different tables (source, odbc mysql)

I´m not able to rename the columns to match internal qlick requirements - does anyone know how to fix this issue ?

I´m really interessted in using qlick - but without this getting to work i´m not able to use qlick within our company ;(

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

After upgrading to 2.1.1, this problem has gone away for me.

Not applicable
Author

Where can i get 2.1.1 ? I just used the link Qlik Sense Desktop | Qlik to get the free version of qlik sense desktop - the binary that i can download there is still version 2.0.4 - checked this today.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Stefan - let me look into this - BTW great community collaboration guys - thanks so much for your contributions.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I verified as well I have our team looking at this now.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Stefan, this (wrong download version) has now been corrected. Please download the latest version and let us know if your original issue has been solved. Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This has now been corrected.  If you re-download from here you will now get version 2.1.1.  Apologies you will need to re-register.

- Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Josh,

thank you for your feedback - i just tried it again - with the link Qlik Sense Desktop | Qlik i still get Version 2.0.4 as download. I have uninstalled the previous version before - do you have any idea what may be the problem ?