Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fheidenstecker
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense 3.0 Desktop not working

Hi there,

I was excited to see Sense 3.0.

I wanted to give it a try right away, so I downloaded and installed it.

I Updated my prior version, but it is not starting. I also tried to completly uninstall and reinstalled it, but no luck either.

I am running Windows 10.

Anybody experiencing the same Problem? Event log shows me an Error 300..

Sad it does not work,

Fabian

50 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul - did you get up and running? Let us know.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
paulyeo11
Master
Master

It work for few hour and it not working again. So I install back V 2.2.4

Sent from my iPhone

fmazzarelli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Mike,

thanks for you reply

I take this opportunity to tell you

Version 3.0 is a nightmare . Sometimes it works wonders sometimes does not work and are forced to turn off / turn on the PC. The error is always the same ( -102 .... )

Now, I'm working (I would like to understand why)

Not applicable

Hi All,

I have found a solution by which Qlik Sense 3.0 is working without network connectivity.

The issue is Qlik Sense 3.0 needs network connectivity to run , No matter it is Intranet or Internet.So,

What we need to do , Create a Loop Back Adapter which makes Qlik Sense 3.0 always connect to network no matter you are in any network or not , But Qlik Sense 3.0  will work fine.

Steps are below to create Loop Back Adapter:

Run => write command hdwwiz => advanced => Network Adapter => Microsoft => MS KM TST Loop Back Adapter => Next and Done.

Qlik Sense will work always with network or without network 

Please Mark my comment Helpful If it works for you

paulyeo11
Master
Master

Hi Kumar

i just tested , it seem to work fine. Thank

Paul

Not applicable

Hi Michael,

I exclusively have Qlik Sense Desktop on my machine and despite trying all these fixes I cannot get Qlik Sense 3.0 to function.

Will you be releasing an updated version of the package that clears up this bug?

Thanks!

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Henry, I am attempting to track down some internal team members, I will update you.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Henry,

Did you try to implement loop back adapter on premise,if yes I am sure your Qlik Sense 3.0 is working fine , whenever you install any new version make a backup of Sense folder and delete all the file from documents , program data and uninstall older version from machine then install latest one and as one frd mentioned please don't add any blank space in user name by which you are logged in to machine , if still you are facing any error please let us know in details

paulyeo11
Master
Master

Hi Sir

I have try Kumar approach work fine , after I set loop back adapter.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

Not applicable

I managed to get my system functioning by adjusting the services.conf file in:

"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense"

I changed the "LogPath" value to point directly to the qlik sense log folder under documents, rather than using the $username$ references.

[globals]

LogPath="C:\Users\simon\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log"

Note: After making the change QlikSense started without event log errors and I no longer received the blank screen.