Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense - Active Directory - User Directory Connection

Hi

I have set up a User Directory Connection using the Active Directory option.  When I click Apply it states the connection update was successful and no errors are generated.

I have entered the Path - LDAP://dc1.transversalcorp.local but no username and password.has been entered as it errors.

I then go a SYNC the new connection, which takes seconds!!  However no users are imported in. 

The following is recorded in the log file. (see attached - logfile.txt)

Can anyone help explain why the users are not imported.

Thanks

Sarah Owen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael

The issue related to the Connection Path,  I was using

LDAP://dc1.trxxxxxxxxx.local/

instead of

LDAP://dc1.trxxxxxxxxx.local/OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=Traxxxxxxx,DC=local

Once the correct path was specified no username / password was required,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gethyn
Creator
Creator

Take a look at this, you might have to add your username and password.

http://www.qliktips.com/2011/06/nobody-said-it-was-easy-configuring.html

Not applicable
Author

If the Qlik Sense service does not have access to read the active directory you are adding then it will error.  As Gethyn stated, you likely need to add an account and password for an account on that domain that can read the active directory.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

If you are trying to get the local users, then you cannot sync them as far as I remember (may be subject to change in new version not sure).

You need to make them log in to Hub and then they will appear in QMC. Try like that.

BR

Serhan

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sara - I had the same issue the other day with my AD, as Jeff has stated - the user account running the Qlik Services should have the appropriate read access to the domain controller where the AD lives in order to pull in the user information to the Qlik Sense repository.

However, once I added my domain\id and password in the input box - and then sync'd - I clicked refresh and saw the status chang to fetching users.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael

The issue related to the Connection Path,  I was using

LDAP://dc1.trxxxxxxxxx.local/

instead of

LDAP://dc1.trxxxxxxxxx.local/OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=Traxxxxxxx,DC=local

Once the correct path was specified no username / password was required,

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Cool - thanks for the update.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik