Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Sense Admin Help required

Hi,

I am very new to Qlik Sense Administration. Current scenario is my app contains two countries information and we Windows AD users.  Now please suggest me how to give access to each user only to see his country information? I have read about section access but that would be my last option as in that method I should enter all the user names in script.

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have Publisher?

else Section Access is the only option as per my understanding

its_anandrjs

Use security features of the Qlik Sense and give permission or rights to view the corresponding users country data by applying the security rules on the user id. But first add users list by any excel file or AD connectors to get Users list in to the qliksense and then give rules right to the user if you can check there are many features for security if you have data like

Ex:-

Regions, Country, City, Area, Department

Regards,

Anand

its_anandrjs

Qliksense is in built with

Publisher, Server Management Console, Qliksense App Distributor etc

This all are available in single place

Hope this helps

Regards,

Anand

sundaresan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Your AD should have details of this country information, if you have that you can use that in while creating security rules.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, got it.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Guruprem,

All the suggestions above provide helpful information. You will want to check out these videos that may also help guide you:

New to Qlik Sense Enterprise Server Videos

The Management Console Series has a series of videos that cover various security topics - and a new blog just released also has a video on exception management and security rules.

Managing Qlik Sense Streams - Security Rules and Exception Management

You should be able to use custom properties, security rules and section access to achieve the desired results. Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

If you're trying to restrict users to viewing data in a single app, then section access is the only option. If you are comfortable modifying the load script to create two separate apps, then you can use security rules to grant access based on the country of origin so long as there are AD groups which contain that information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guruprem,

Data access at app Sheet level : Section Access

Data Access at App level : Custom Properties/ Security Rules.

Watch this Youtube Video for reference.

Qlik Sense Stream Management Security Rules and Exception Management - YouTube

Regards,

Sanjay Guha