Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Wilts19
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense - App data on one of our 4 load balanced servers is out of sync

Hi.

I am new to helping support Qlik Sense for our users, and have encountered an issue by chance, where by one of our 4 load balanced servers is displaying different data than the other three. Users do not use a URL with a specific server name, which is why not everyone seems to be affected, but I've narrowed it down to one of the servers that is not keeping up in sync with the others.

Has anyone experienced this issue and know how to re-sync all 4 servers?

Many thanks

James.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

What Qlik Sense release+patch are you using? 

Qlik Sense applies shared persistence, which means that the app file and data only resides in one central location. The app is then loaded to server ram when access from a specific node when accessed by user, and app is refreshed on each active server when successfully reloaded. There is no sync of apps to each node as such. 

James_Wilts19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Toni.

Thanks for your reply.

We're using version Qlik Sense September 2018, Patch 2.

The users were refreshing the app when on the specific node having the issue, but it was not updating the data inline with the other nodes.

Regards

James.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Can you elaborate a bit more on the sequence of events related to "app refresh"?

Is a user executing a reload task and the new data is not reflected on all nodes?
Is the user developing an app and does not see the latest changes when accessing the app from another engine?

James_Wilts19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Toni.

When I say app refreshed, I mean that the app has been set up on a schedule to reload every 2 hours. This updated data is not being reflected on all nodes.

If the user accesses the app from a specific engine rather than the load balanced name, the latest changes are not always displayed, depending on the engine.

Many thanks

James.