Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GP23
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Certification

Hello Qlik Community,

I have a question regarding Certification.

I have no experience with Qlik itself but I do with other BI tools. I prepared the exam for Data architect and failed, guess not being familiar with the tool was the reason.

I was thinking to give it a try to the Business Analyst first but I would like to have some input from you. Do you thinks is a good added value or is better to go for the Data Architect even without work-experience.

Also other inputs for the Business Analyst or even the Data Architect will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

GP

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Without experience how did you prepare? Just went through the help and/or materials might not be enough for data architect exam. I don't know which other BI tool experience you have. If you have Power BI, Tableau experience and try to pass this exam based on that generic idea, it would not be that easy rather hard. Qlik has concepts that are either not at all there in other such BI tools or some in really different way. 

IMO, at least two years of real experience is required in qlik tool and good preparation to clear the exam. Business analyst exam is relatively easier, and you might give a try on that. Technicality is less in this exam. But still, with no experience in qlik even business analyst exam might not be an easy take.

My recommendation would be to have experience first with the tool and then attempt for the certifications.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Without experience how did you prepare? Just went through the help and/or materials might not be enough for data architect exam. I don't know which other BI tool experience you have. If you have Power BI, Tableau experience and try to pass this exam based on that generic idea, it would not be that easy rather hard. Qlik has concepts that are either not at all there in other such BI tools or some in really different way. 

IMO, at least two years of real experience is required in qlik tool and good preparation to clear the exam. Business analyst exam is relatively easier, and you might give a try on that. Technicality is less in this exam. But still, with no experience in qlik even business analyst exam might not be an easy take.

My recommendation would be to have experience first with the tool and then attempt for the certifications.

GP23
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the replay. I have good experience with Spotfire and just knowledge from Power BI. Yes I noticed that there are some resemblance between QS and PBI.

Indeed, I follow up the guide and read information related to it on the Qlik documentation and some Udemy courses.

Thanks for the input.

Regards,

GP