Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

igdrazil
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Crashing

Hi all,

my Qlik Sense is crashing during Data Load. The Facts:

1. Version 2.1.1 of Qlik Sense Desktop

2. Database got around 400mb

3. PC: i7 with 3.0Ghz and 64Gb Ram

4. Sense crashed after loading for like 10 min on a synthetic key and using lik 18Gb RAM at that moment.

The second before it crashed the RAM jumps up on around 33Gb and then Sense closes without any error.

I'll attach a screen of the last RAM + Timestamp i made for testing purposes

Regards

Chris

5 Replies
mark6505
Valued Contributor III

Re: Qlik Sense Crashing

Hi,

Have you tried to run a debug and a limited load.

In the data load editor, press the bug symbol top right ? The tick limited load, do like 10 lines.

See if it goes through, then check you data model, try to remove the synthetic keys.

If you are not sure where you are getting in the load, add the Trace function. Like

Trace 'Loading the table'

Load

     *

From 'Place'

Trace 'Table loaded'

Hope this helps

Mark

igdrazil
Contributor III

Re: Qlik Sense Crashing

Hi Mark,

Yes i can remove the syn keys, but i need to load it without renaming them. This is my challenge at the moment.

I'm just wondering why it crashes when there is only 20% CPU and 50% RAM usage.

Regards

Chris

P.S.: I know exactly where the the syn keys are.

mark6505
Valued Contributor III

Re: Qlik Sense Crashing

Hi Chris,

You tried a limited load?

It sounds like it is running out of memory when trying to load the joins between the many synthetic keys, but your task manager doesn't seem to agree which is strange.

igdrazil
Contributor III

Re: Qlik Sense Crashing

After renaming parts of the keys, i tried loading again and crashed my whole Computer, so i'll try the limited load now.

brb to give feedback

Regards

Chris

igdrazil
Contributor III

Re: Qlik Sense Crashing

So i did limited load.

I tried 100 rows and it looked like crashing again, so i stopped to prevent this and did the same with 10 rows max and it worked.

So i guess the Qlik Engine is overloaded by the 2mio rows and the big number of keys (i got 17 in total with 8 pure Data keys and the rest are syn keys of syn keys).

Regards

Chris

P.S.: mto‌ I hope you can evaluate something with this informations and/or can give me some feedback on this behaviour