Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop displays partial/trimmed data table names in list when using SnappyData ODBC Driver

Hi,

I am new to Qlik Sense Desktop Application.

I am trying to use/explore Qlik Sense Desktop with SnappyData Cluster (through SnappyData ODBC Driver).

I have created ODBC DSN using SnappyData ODBC Driver (supports both 32bit & 64bit versions).

Then in Qlik Sense Desktop, I created a new App which uses SnappyData ODBC Connection to load the data.

After successfully creating an ODBC Connection (through ODBC DSN) and loading the list of data tables from SnappyData Cluster, I noticed that all data table names listed are trimmed (i.e partial names are displayed). Eg. AIRLINE is displayed as AIRL, CUSTOMER is displayed as CUSTO, and like wise..

Can you please help, why is such behavior shown by Qlik Sense Desktop.

The same ODBC Connection works perfectly fine, if I write custom data script manually to load data using SnappyData ODBC Connection.

I have used SnappyData ODBC Driver with other tools (Eg.Tableau) to load data and it works perfectly fine.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sachin,

Even I will be using Snappy Data for my new Project. Will you please let me know how to start with this concept as I'm new to this.

Have you downloaded this Connector from GitHub / Branch.qlik.com and then extracted the data?

Please tell me the steps please.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ishita,

If you want to get started with SnappyData product and wants Qlik to connect SnappyData then you can visit SnappyData Documentation (links given below).

Getting Started in 5 minutes or Less - SnappyData Documentation

Setting Up SnappyData JDBC Driver and QlikView - SnappyData Documentation

If you need any SnappyData specific help then please feel free to reach out to us on our SnappyData Slack Channel‌‌ .