Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop doesn't show on start

Hey there. My problem is pretty straight-forward.

At a user PC in my Company QLIK Sense Desktop Vers 2.0.2 doesn't show on start. I have read multiple Threads but so far, none of the described solutions worked.

Essentially the QlikBrowser.exe does not start.

I checked that everything else is up to date. One funny note: it did work once a few weeks ago bevor she had her vacation. But now, even after reinstalling and deleting everythin in the c:\users\<user>\documents\qlik and the c:\users\<user>\appdata\local\programs\qlik it won't start again.

Attachements: Install-Log and Startup-Log

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I do but as it turned out, it was the F-Secure Firewall. The clientsoftware by F-Secure had a few errors that prevented to register any new software into an exception. After reinstalling F-Secure everything works just fine. Thank you all for the great help!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Jonas,

is it only the client (QlikSenseBrowser) which won't start ? Do you have the Engine up and running ? Can you test http://localhost:4848/hub in case you can see "QlikSense.exe" as a process in your task manager.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform
Not applicable
Author

It is only the QlikSenseBrowser which won't start. The QlikSense.exe runs and is visible in the task manager but the hub is not reachable.

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Jonas, can you try to start the Desktop as administrator to see if that makes any difference. It looks like there are some issues with permissions.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Not applicable
Author

We did that, same problem. Even with the local administrator account.

elyM
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

try to check firewall rules with this command

netsh advfirewall firewall show rule name=qliksense.exe

Regards

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

one more thing that you could please provide is the Engine System Log. You can find it here: C:\Users\%youruser%\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log\System

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Not applicable
Author

The windows firewall ist turned off for the network. As expected, the command did not return any rule.

Not applicable
Author

I did look up the path you gave me, but the System folder does not exist in the Log Folder

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

what's in your C:\Users\%youruser%\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Log\ folder ? There should be an AppMigration folder as well.

Thomas Hopp